It's no secret that we regularly use STOOP SAUCE in our own kitchen every day of the week for every meal. Is it the smartest way to make a profit? Probably not, but it's part of the STOOP SAUCE lifestyle that we swear and live by, and I'll be damned if I don't say it's the best way to live period! The rich garden fresh flavors that our RED LABEL & BLACK LABEL sauces bring to the kitchen, packed with a harmony of fresh bright tomatoes, sharp n' savory garlic & onions, lip smacking apple cider & white vinegar, and an all around perfect balance of heat from our varying blend of peppers makes STOOP SAUCE one of the most versatile condiments that you can truly use with absolutely ANYTHING that comes across your plate.
While putting our RED LABEL & BLACK LABEL sauces on any one of your favorite dishes is a must, it goes without saying that the next best thing you can use STOOP SAUCE for is to cook with it! We use our RED LABEL sauce for a lot of our daily meals we prepare because of its excellent flavor profile and mild heat index. This makes it the perfect candidate to cook and season with on the regular without overdoing it with the heat. Of course, for those nights when we're looking to spice things up a bit, we go ahead and substitute our RED LABEL sauce in our recipes with our Trinidad Scorpion & Ghost Pepper fueled BLACK LABEL sauce!
Here's a quick little recipe we used the other night to make one of our regular dinners, Marinated RED LABEL Chicken!
For this recipe, you will need to use the following ingredients:
1 Package Organic Chicken Drums or Wings
1/2 Tablespoon Thyme
1 Tablespoon Freshly Chopped Parsley (from the STOOP of course)
1/4 Cup STOOP SAUCE - RED LABEL (or sub with BLACK LABEL)
2 Tablespoons Water
Dash of Salt
You can of course adjust the amount of STOOP SAUCE you add to this recipe, but your mileage may vary with the final result.
Once you gather all of your ingredients, proceed with the following:
- In a gallon zipper storage bag, add the Thyme, chopped Parsley, STOOP SAUCE - RED LABEL, and Water.
- Chop the Lemon in half and squeeze fully into the bag. Close the bag up and give it a good shake to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Grab your chicken, re-open the bag, and carefully place all pieces into the bag. Once closed, give the bag another good shake to fully coat your chicken in the marinade.
- If you are not going to be leaving the chicken to marinate overnight, skip to Step 5! If you would like to conduct an overnight marinating of the chicken, place the bag with the chicken & marinade in your refrigerator for use the next day. Make sure the bag is sitting in a pan or bowl, and that all pieces of the chicken are covered and laying in the marinade within the bag. Doing this will better infuse all of the flavors into the chicken skin, and make the chicken very juicy.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Once the oven is preheated & ready, pour the chicken and marinade into the pan you will be using to bake. Arrange them evenly once they are in the pan.
- Place the chicken into the oven and set the timer for 50 minutes, checking on it every 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take the chicken out of the oven!
- When serving, coat the chicken with the marinade on each plate and ENJOY!